Over the past few weeks, several steps have been taken to try to slow the progression of the coronavirus. One of them has been the closure of schools, colleges and universities. This has caused e-learning solutions to become the alternative to have in mind in order to continue with the training of students.
The uncertainty caused by the evolution of the virus, makes it not unreasonable to think that the school closure that has occurred during these 15 days, can be extended in time. In this way, now more than ever it is necessary to propose solutions that will allow all children to continue with their education.
The importance of e-learning during coronavirus confinement
Opting for e-learning training solutions during this period can help children to use this extra time to continue learning with interactive content while having fun.
Training does not have to be boring, but if we focus on multimedia content that requires user interaction, we will further enhance the interest of children and adolescents.
Advantages of e-learning for students
The truth is that there are many advantages that e-learning offers to students even at an early age. Let’s review the key benefits:
- E-learning allows for greater flexibility than conventional training. The student can decide from where and how much he wants to train as he simply needs to have access to an internet connection.
- Higher level of learning: It has been demonstrated that online training has a higher level of recall than conventional training, as the student himself decides what and when to learn, taking responsibility for his training.
- Greater monitoring of the student’s learning and evolution. Students who are trained using online tools have constant support, being able to contact their tutors whenever they need it.
- It allows unlimited access. To access e-learning training, you only need an Internet connection.
- No need to travel or move. Geographical barriers are eliminated, having everything the student needs at a click.
Benefits of online training for schools
Although the truth is that many people still believe that implementing an e-learning solution in their training centre is more expensive than providing face-to-face training, this could not be further from the truth. E-learning saves a lot of costs, the most important of which are:
- Savings in transport, accommodation and subsistence costs for both speakers and teachers, as well as attendees.
- Saving on the cost of renting rooms and training equipment.
A more environmentally responsible initiative, avoiding the need to print and distribute training material on paper.
- Reduction of the expenses and time used for the creation of material.
- Offering online training, makes it accessible to a greater number of users at the same time reducing costs and allowing for increased turnover.
Leaving aside the considerable economic savings that e-learning training represents for educational centres, we cannot fail to emphasise that this type of training also allows for better monitoring of the student, making the training centre acquire greater value with the quality of the training it offers.