Without a doubt, the future has come to the world of education. Even the youngest members of the household no longer study with books, but use tablets. Today, internet connection is key to learning for children and adolescents. But what does this mean? It is going to translate into absolute communication between the teacher, tutor, etc. and the students.
LMS training platforms are the present and future of learning for the children and teenagers who make up our society. But the question here is, how do I make this type of teaching more effective?
The key e-learning training for the new digital native profiles
The truth is that today’s children and teenagers master technology more than ever before. It is innate in them, and that is why they have been called “digital natives”.
However, there are some pedagogical bases that can be used for the e-learning training of younger students:
- Use meaningful learning. Without a doubt, your student should be at the centre of the educational process. In this way, you will be encouraging your student to learn from previously acquired and internalised knowledge. Meaningful learning will have to relate the training to how it can be applied to everyday life.
- To be able to motivate the students using the games. Whenever an e-learning strategy is carried out for children and adolescents, we must bear in mind that it is very difficult to maintain their degree of attention. This means that we have to mix training with entertainment. In this way you will get them to consolidate their knowledge more easily.
- The role of the student and the teacher. Thanks to e-learning, the student will adopt a more critical and autonomous position. They will have to: search for information, process it and evaluate it so that it becomes part of their knowledge. In the case of the teacher, he/she will have to serve as a guide for all those students who are faced with a new way of learning. In any case, it is crucial that this figure is trained continuously.
- ICTs within the classroom. Without a doubt, ICTs create autonomy as well as encouraging collaborative use among students. Other aspects to be highlighted are that interaction with technology improves motor skills, also helps to develop content systematically and facilitates the learning of concepts. The truth is that centres that are launched with this type of learning only find advantages.
- For the little ones: Multimedia content and animations. When we design e-learning content for children, we must make intensive (but rational) use of multimedia tools. In this way we make a deeper learning process.
More and more knowledge is needed in all kinds of disciplines, which is why e-learning platforms have become fundamental in the educational world.